Miller Consulting, Inc. is an established oil and gas consulting firm which assists oil and gas operators with filings before the Railroad Commission of Texas. With many years of experience, we offer assistance to the petroleum industry that will make your operations more effective and productive in dealing with the Railroad Commission of Texas.
We offer expert assistance on all aspects of regulatory compliance and research services with the Railroad Commission of Texas. Our professional staff has extensive knowledge and over 200 years of combined experience in the oil and gas industry. We can prepare and file all forms on your behalf for all Commission regulated oil and gas activities. Our services offered are broad and we strive to provide quality and affordable assistance. Details of some of the services we provide are shown below. If you have any questions or would like to see if there are any other services we can offer, feel free to contact us at 800-969-8877.
We can assist your company with the filings of the Form W-3C and the Form W-3X for compliance with House Bill 2259 (HB 2259) that came into effect in January 2011. This new law has an impact on your filing requirements to be able to secure approval of your Form P-5. The new law requires compliance with termination of electrical service and clean-up of the location, tanks, vessels and surface equipment on inactive wellbores. The law also requires additional bonding above and beyond the standard bonding requirements for obtaining approval of your Annual Organization Report (Form P-5). There are various ways to be in compliance with the new law and we can assist you by securing a copy of your Inactive Well Aging Report (“IWAR”) and helping you organize the inactive wells by current filing requirements.
We offer complete services in filing all necessary forms with the Commission in securement of oil and gas allowable assignments. These include:
- Form W-1 and plat: Drafting of uncertified plats and filing applications for permits not requiring certified plats
- We will expedite drilling permits for approval on applications that are needed as expeditiously as possible
- Surface casing recommendations can also be “expedited” before the Railroad Comission at your request
- Oil and Gas Completion Reports: (Form W-2: Oil) (Form G-1: Gas) can be prepared along with all other required filings on completion of new wells, plug backs, re-entries and deepening’s
We offer complete filing research of all wells within 2.5 miles and the new field designation applications (Form P-7) and field transfer applications along with preparation of supporting area maps, cross-sections, pressure data maps, bottom-hole pressure reports and log filings for wells producing from new reservoirs.
We offer complete filings for Tight Gas Designation applications. These filings offer reduced severance tax rates from the Comptroller of Texas for gas well gas production.
We offer complete filings for both injection and disposal well applications (Form H-1 and Form W-14) in securing authority for private and commercial injection or disposal well operations. Our services include preparation of the 1/4 mile radius well status maps, the 1/4 mile radius well tabulations, and the 1/2 mile offset operator maps, along with all of the other necessary attachments for permit approval.
We offer complete services in monitoring oil and gas fields in the State of Texas for assistance in securing maximum allowable assignments under existing field allocation formulas. These services include:
- Handling of Commission issued severances, shut-in orders, overproduction/overrun notices with filings for relief of violations, when possible
- Filing requests for cancellation of violation overage, suspension of allocation formula, balancing applications, reduced rate authority requests, etc.
- Monitoring monthly production reports and filing necessary exceptions to violation overage amounts. Preparing and filing monthly Operator Market Demand Forecasts for Gas Well Gas in Prorated Fields
We offer in-house seminars on intercompany training procedures for regulatory compliance procedures before the Railroad Commission of Texas. Our seminars can be prepared to address specific areas in which your company needs assistance in dealing with the Texas Railroad Commission.
Our oil and gas production reporting department offers filing, on your behalf, all Railroad Commission required monthly forms. We provide prompt and effective services for those required filings listed below.
- Producer’s Monthly Report (Form PR)
- Frac Oil Movement Request (Form P-3)
- Request for Initial Oil/Condensate Production Clearance (Form P-8)
- Monthly Skim Oil Report (Form P-18)
- Producer’s Monthly Report (Form PR)
We will assist your company before the Railroad Commission by filing letter of application, preparation of exhibits and rendering expert testimony. Some of these hearings are:
- Field Rules
- Adoption of Temporary Field Rules
- Adoption of Permanent Field Rules
- Amendment of Existing Field Rules
- Statewide Rule 10 (Downhole Commingling)
- Special Allowable or MER Assignment
- Net Gas-Oil Ratio
- Statewide Rule 32 Hearings (Permanent and Emergency Flaring Exceptions)
- Statewide Rule 37 Hearings (Spacing Exceptions)
- Statewide Rule 38 Hearings (Density Exceptions)
- Plugging Hearings and Rescission of Plugging Orders
- Proration/Allowable Hearings
- Unitization Hearings
- Consolidation of Fields or Reservoirs
- Flaring Applications
We offer filing of applications to secure severance tax credit for wells that qualify for the various available forms of relief. These include:
- SWR 50 (Enhanced Oil Recovery Projects)
- SWR 101 (High Cost Gas Wells)
- SWR 102 (Incremental Production)
We offer filing of exceptions to Statewide Rule 32 for flaring or venting of gas, and we are able to file Form P-8 with Form P-4 to request clearance of Storage Tanks prior to filing Completion Reports.
We offer filing of Forms P-17/P-17A to obtain authority to surface commingle production from multiple leases or wells.
We offer assistance in filing Form H-15 to satisfy Commission requirements for wells more than 25 years old and are able to prepare and expedite the GAU Surface Casing letter for determination of the base of usable quality water.
We offer complete filing of applications for annular disposal of drilling fluids.
We are able to assist in filing Form P-5 Annual Organization Reports with required bonding or letter of credit documents and the new HB 2259 clean-up and additional bonding forms.
We are able to file applications for obtaining authority to haul salt water including Forms WH-1, WH-2, WH-4 and WH-5.
We offer filing of Forms T-4 and T-4B for securing approval and transfer of pipeline applications.
We offer filing of Form H-11 and the required attachments for permits to maintain and use a pit.
We offer filing of the Form P-6 and attached plats for consolidation or subdividing leases with the Commission.
Our research and reproduction department offers duplication of complete well data that has been filed with the Railroad Commission since 1919, when it began regulating the oil and gas industry in Texas. With our expert knowledge of Commission forms and the ability of interpreting the data therein, we provide accurate and efficient reproduction of information essential for evaluation of potential oil and gas prospects. Research orders are usually completed the same day they are received. Expedited orders can be faxed or emailed back to your office at your request.
We offer complete reproduction of all data submitted at hearings before the Railroad Commission of Texas. Some examples of these hearings are:
- Field Rule
- Productive Acreage
- Net Gas-Oil Ratio
- New Field Designation
- Rule 10-Downhole Commingling
- Special Allowable
- Rule 37-Spacing Exception
- Rule 38-Density Exception
- Unitization and Secondary Recovery
Some of the data available from these hearings are:
- Field Maps
- Isopach Maps
- Structure Maps
- Reservoir MER Data Sheets
- Engineering Data
- Drill-Stem Tests
- Disposal-Injection Well Data
Some examples of well data available for reproduction are:
- Application to Drill and Attached Plat (Form W-1 and Plat)
- Completion Reports (Form W-2: Oil Wells) (Form G-1: Gas Wells)
- Inclination Reports (Form W-12) Directional Surveys
- Cementing Reports (Form W-15)
- Plugging Reports (Form W-3)
- Producer’s Authorization to Transport Oil or Gas (Form P-4)
- Production History Data (available from initial completion)
- Semi-Annual and Annual Test Data (Form G-10: Gas Wells) (Form W-10: Oil Wells)
- New Field Discovery Applications (Form P-7) with attachments
- Injection/Disposal Well Applications (Form H-1: Injection) (Form W-14: Disposal)